Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Matt's Bar Juicy Lucy

Having watched the show Man vs Food, there is an episode that was taped in the great Midwest City of Minneapolis. While watching this show they brought to light a local creation called the Juicy Lucy.  Having just been in Minneapolis I could not refuse the chance to go and try this city legend. We ended up going to the place that claims to have started the Juicy Lucy Matt’s bar.   Upon arrival looking at if from the outside no one could imagine that there 700 to 800 Juicy Lucy’s served per day on a weekend. Walking inside the place feels a bit small but is packed to the brim. There is a small flat top and a small fryer.  After about 15 minutes waiting in line we find a spot at the bar.  The time has come to place my order Two Juicy Lucy’s please. There are only two options for this burger and that is fried onions or raw. I took one fried while the other one was made with raw ones. Let me tell you what is in this burger. It is very simple two paddies with cheese in the middle that are pinched closed on the sides. I also decided to try a local beer while there called Summit. Very nice local choice I might add that is brewed across the river in St-Paul. The Juicy Lucy’s arrive after about 15 min. During this time the live up has not reseeded if anything it has gotten bigger. Now for my first bit, flavor is there nice and hot and as soon as I take that first bit you can see the cheese oozing out of the patties. Delicious is all I can say and the perfect way to recover a stomach from a long night from the previous evening. It was a great burger that hit the spot oh so well. Thank god there are no juicy lucy’s in Ottawa as I would be there at least once a week and not sure my body would like me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment